The MekaSuit is a highly configurable set of late-game modular armor added in Mekanism v10. The MekaSuit is divided into 4 parts, the headpiece, the chest plate, the leggings, and the boots. Each part of the MekaSuit can be upgraded with Modules that are installed with the Modification Station and can be configured by pressing "\" (backslash). It is considered the best armor in Mekanism and is very expensive to make and fully upgrade, even for late game players, requiring a large amount of Polonium to be processed into pellets. With a fully upgraded suit however, the wearer becomes nearly invincible along with several functions such as eating being able to be automated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OykTyhwKNjw - EsquilãoBR Tutorial PT-BR
- Each MekaSuit armor piece supports a variety of different upgrades which give the user various benefits and abilities. Some of these are unique to armor pieces and cannot be installed on other armor pieces. Upgrades are installed using Modules at the Modification Station.
- Once installed, upgrades can be removed and, if the upgrade is not unique, can be reinstalled on other armor pieces by uninstalling it at a Modification Station and putting it on another armor piece as normal.
- Each armor piece can have several modules of the same type installed to it depending on the module type, in some cases up to 8. In this case each additional upgrade will improve the ability/effectiveness of the module upgrade.
- Each module can be uninstalled individually just like machine Upgrades.
- Modules can be toggled through their various modes if they have more than 1 using the appropriate corresponding armor mode switch key.
- The MekaSuit like most rechargable Mekanism items has infinite durability, requiring Forge Energy to function instead.
- Every time the player takes damage it uses up some of the electricity in the armor, evenly distributing the charge loss throughout all pieces at once.
- The total charge remaining is shown both when hovering over the suit pieces in the inventory and as a green bar where armor points are usually displayed.
- When worn, the MekaSuit Helmet brings up an Augmented Reality inspired UI within the player's field of view. It displays the following information to the player:
- Top Left: The remaining charge (as a percentage) of each currently worn armor piece.
- Bottom Left: The current location coordinates (X,Y,Z) of the player, within a simple compass which shows orientation.
- Bottom Right: The current status of modules installed. For example, it will display remaining jetpack hydrogen if the player has the Jetpack Unit installed, or how much food is remaining in the helmet if the Nutritional Injection Unit is installed.