New in v9 is the Turbine Multiblock. This massive structure is used to produce power from the reactor that was introduced with v8.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EgZTwCnWwA&t - EsquilãoBR Tutorial PT-BR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrwz3j--Vcs - Tutorial Made by MathewCell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHJSEUjCsyA - Tutorial Made by AidancBrady
- Turbine Casing
- Turbine Vent
- Pressure Disperser
- Turbine Blades
- Turbine Rotor
- Rotational Complex
- Electromagnetic Coil
- Turbine Valve
- Structural Glass (Optional)
- Orientation can only be vertical (Unlike BR's turbine)
- Length and Width (x,z) must be equal.
- Maximum shaft height = min(2xLENGTH-5,14) [so blades don't touch sides]
- Maximum total height = min(2xLENGTH-1,18)
- Tank volume = LENGTH^2xROTOR_HEIGHT
- Flow rate is determined by tank volume times dispersers (exact formula inside notes) or by vents - whichever is less. Each vent adds 32,000mB/t of flow rate, and each disperser can disperse 1,280mB/t of flow.
- Energy production = FLOWxROTOR_HEIGHTx50RF/7
- Because a taller rotor leaves less room for vents, sometimes heightening the rotor could reduce flow and, therefore, energy.
- 1 coil will support 4 blades. You'll never need more than 7 coils.
- Interior may ONLY be dispersers, coils, shaft, blades, rotational complex, or air.
- Multiblock will sparkle red on final block placement, otherwise check your assembly.
- Minimal turbine size is 5x5 base with 5 blocks high.
- Maximum turbine size is 17x17 base with 18 blocks high.
- Build the base out of turbine casings and optional structural glass. (must be square) [the perimeter must be casings not glass]
- Place rotor shafts in the center, from the base to desired height.
- Add turbine blades to the rotor. (two for each rotor shaft)
- Place a rotational complex on top of the rotor.
- Completely fill the interior layer around the rotational complex with pressure dispersers.
- Place electromagnetic coils above the dispersers. They must touch the rotational complex and each other.
- Build the frame (the perimeters of the walls) out of turbine casings. (you may have more empty layers above the coils to make room for more vents)
- Fill the walls, up to the height of the rotor, with turbine casings and/or structural glass and at least 2 turbine valves.
- Fill the remaining walls and ceiling with turbine casings and/or turbine vents.
- Compatible with oredict steam from other mods such as TE/TF/RC/MFR/Big Reactors.
- The marking of "Limiting" on the vents stat simply means that it is not "optimal ratio". You can have fewer down to your desired steam flow rate.
- Turbine shuts down if internal battery fills with energy. It will restart automatically though you may also vent excess steam to prevent it from shutting down.
- A 5x5x8 turbine design will produce the exact same RF/t as the highest tiered turbine from Big Reactors with the same amount of steam.
- Exact formula to calculate the flowrate of your turbine - understanding is not necessary. Just fill the values and perform the commands:
//Btw - NOTICE AND REMEMBER THIS: //Math.min => Takes whatever is lower //structure.lowerVolume is the INSIDE volume with the rotor [structure.volLength*structure.volWidth*turbineHeight] -> ["Hmm. If turbine is 8*8*18 this could be 7*7*ROTOR_HEIGHT[Only rotor shaft - no blades needed] (-> TurbineUpdateProtocol.java:172) and so on..."] flowrate = ( Math.min( Math.min( TURBINE_STORED_AMOUNT ["How much steam is inside?"], ↑Math.min( structure.lowerVolume ["See comment above to understand this!"] * ( TURBINE_DISPERSER_COUNT*GENERAL_DISPERSER_GAS_FLOW ), TURBINE_VENT_COUNT*GENERAL_VENT_GAS_FLOW )↑ ), ( ( getMaxEnergy()-getEnergy() ["You will receive a nobel prize if you understand this!"] ) / ( (GENERAL_MAX_ENERGY_PER_STEAM/TURBINE_MAX_BLADES ["How much blades are possible?"]) * Math.min( TURBINE_BLADE_COUNT, TURBINE_COIL_COUNT*2 ["How many blades can be attached to the coiles?"] ) ) ) ) * ( TURBINE_STORED_AMOUNT ["How much steam is inside?"]/TURBINE_MAX_STORED_AMOUNT ["How much steam is maximum possible inside?"] ) ) / ( Math.min( structure.lowerVolume ["See comment above to understand this!"] * ( TURBINE_DISPENSER_COUNT*GENERAL_DISPENSER_GAS_FLOW ), TURBINE_VENT_COUNT*GENERAL_VENT_GAS_FLOW ) )