The Jetpack is an item that allows the player to fly, equippable in the chestplate slot. It uses Hydrogen gas as a fuel, of which it can store up to 24,000 mB.
The Jetpack can be filled up wherever Hydrogen gas is outputted into a slot. Here are a few examples:
- It can be placed in the Electrolytic Separator's left output slot (where Hydrogen is outputted) after placing water in the machine's input slot (which will result in the machine creating Hydrogen).
- It can be placed in a Gas Tank's (that has been placed on the ground) output slot.
The Jetpack has three modes to choose from, which can be toggled by pressing the "Armor Mode Switch" key. This key can be set in the Controls menu from within the Game Menu (Esc).
- Regular (default): Press Space to increase your height and release to fall. Note that you will take fall damage unless you carefully lower yourself to the ground.
- Hover: Constant flight, without the need to level yourself like you do with Regular mode. Press Space to increase altitude and press ⇧ Shift to decrease. Note that this mode constantly consumes Hydrogen, but at a reduced rate as compared to Regular mode.
- Disabled: The Armored Jetpack is disabled.
While worn, the Jetpack displays the Hydrogen remaining and the mode active in the bottom left corner.
- The Jetpack cannot be worn with chestplate armor, since it uses the same slot, consider upgrading it to the Armored Jetpack if you want protection.
- The Jetpack emits fire particles; however, it will not set anything on fire.
- If you want to maintain your altitude, choose Hover mode. If you want to ascend/descend rapidly, use Regular mode. If you want to conserve fuel while trekking across hills, mountains, consider Disabled mode.
- The Jetpack can be paired with the Free Runners to protect against fall damage.