Advanced Solar Generator
The Advanced Solar Generator is a highly upgraded version of the basic Solar Generator. Construction of an Advanced Solar Generator requires four Solar Generators, but it produces six times the power of its smaller cousin. It also requires an area of 3x3x3 Blocks in order to be placed. The Advanced Solar Generator only produces power during the day. Universal Cable or other compatible wire can be connected to the side of the base with a green square. Right-click the generator with a wrench to rotate the entire assembly.
By default the Advanced Solar Generator produces 300 J/t in direct sunlight, and can output a maximum of 600 J/t. This amount can be changed inside of the Mekanism Config. Like the Solar Generator, the Advanced Solar Generator receives a 50% bonus to Energy production Desert biomes.
In Other Units
|Joules/t||Redstone Flux/t||Minecraft Joules/t||EU/t|
Gathering Materials and Crafting the Advanced Solar Generator
Before creating the Advanced Solar Generator, you will need access to a Metallurgic Infuser as well as a way to grind ores (such as with the Grinder or Applied Energistics 2's Grindstone, a great early-game alternative).
To create the Advanced Solar Generator, the raw materials you will need include:
- 36 Glass Pane (~18 Glass)
- 54 Redstone (see note below)
- 37 Iron Ingot
- 36 Osmium Ingot
- 08 Osmium Dust
- 12 Gold Ingot
NOTE: This list does not include the Redstone you will need to add as a secondary material for use in the Metallurgic Infuser to create Enriched Alloy. You can either:
- A. Add 30 Redstone to the list as a secondary material for use in the Metallurgic Infuser (one Redstone covers one Iron Ingot)
- B. Add 3 Redstone to the list, send them through the Enrichment Chamber, get 3 Compressed Redstone, and use the Compressed Redstone as a secondary material (one Compressed Redstone covers 10 Iron Ingots)
As you can see, Compressed Redstone is much more efficient, but if you don't have access to an Enrichment Chamber and have a lot of Redstone laying around, it is probably not worth the trouble of making an Enrichment Chamber just for this purpose (although you will absolutely need one later down the line if you plan to progress further in the Mekanism tech tree).
After gathering the materials, craft the ingredients in this order:
- Create 30 Enriched Alloy by infusing 30 Iron Ingots with Redstone in the Metallurgic Infuser.
- Craft 4 Energy Tablets using the Gold Ingot, Redstone and Enriched Alloy.
- Craft 12 Solar Panels using the Glass Pane, Redstone, Enriched Alloy and Osmium Ingot.
- Craft 4 Solar Generators using the Solar Panels, Enriched Alloy, Osmium Dust, Energy Tablets and Iron Ingots.
- Craft the Advanced Solar Generator using the Solar Generators, Enriched Alloy and Iron Ingots.